VEGAN Pistachio Muffins (Dairy-free)
These muffins are incredibly easy to make since you can use a blender to combine the ingredients. Super easy, super healthy! Give them a try, we promise you won't be disappointed.
Makes 8 Muffins.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup (4oz) Blonde Biscotti Pistachio Non-Dairy Milk, room temperature
1 large banana, mashed
2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup spinach, fresh
1. Heat oven to 375⁰F.
2. Line 8 standard size muffin cups with paper liners. Fill any remaining cup wells with water to help the muffins bake evenly.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. In a large food processor or blender, add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, spinach, pistachio milk and almond extract. Blend until smooth. Make sure that the mixture isn't too cold or the coconut oil will begin to solidify. If it does, pop it into the microwave for a few seconds and blend again.
5. Add wet to dry ingredients to combine. DO NOT overmix! The batter should be thick.
6. Fill batter into muffin cups.
7. Top with chopped pistachios. Bake for 15-20min or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
If the muffins begin to brown too quickly before the center is baked, you may need to cover with foil halfway through baking.
Blonde Biscotti Coffee & Bakery bar in Houston, Texas sells a variety of non-dairy milks for pickup at store location: 1000 W Gray St, #100, Houston, Texas, 77019. If you aren't in the area to pickup our house made pistachio non-dairy milk, you can always make your own at home. Our pistachio milk consists of 2 simple ingredients blended together: 1 cup of pistachios with 4 cups of filtered water.